Kissmetrics’ post on authenticity opens with a powerful statement: Authentic businesses inspire and prosper. They “forge deeper connections” with their audiences and engage with them on an authentic level that transforms the interaction into an experience. According to author James T. Noble, this is a trend that will continue and spread throughout the digital and social marketing spheres. This article also delivers some stellar suggestions on how to achieve authenticity in your brand’s relationships with users and consumers.
The list below is taken from the above-mentioned post, Truth Will Out – Why Authenticity is the Key to Growing Your Business.
Authenticity works because…
- It elevates your business above the competition
- It builds your identity and image into something influential
- It gives substance to your business, services and products
- It enables people to relate to your business
- It helps people understand how what you offer is of benefit to them
- It tells people that what you offer is of high quality
- It marks you out as a reliable, trustworthy company
- It encourages engagement and can turn audiences into advocates