Graphic Design Intern
McFadden/Gavender, Inc., a national, full-service advertising agency, is seeking to immediately add a university intern to its advertising team. If you plan on entering the field of advertising or marketing after graduation, and would like experience with a national agency, then this is the internship for you.
Due to COVID 19, all McFadden/Gavender employees are temporarily working remotely. The successful candidate will need to have the equipment required to teleconference with other employees and with clients.
The ideal intern must show willingness to learn and have an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. This is an excellent opportunity to grow your knowledge base and work directly with industry experts. Successful candidates will work and learn in a team environment, reporting directly to the Art Director.
- Assist in the creation and design of print and digital materials as needed
- business cards, flyers, posters, brochures, etc.
- social media posts, digital ads, e-blasts
- Adhere to brand guidelines and complete projects according to deadline
- Retouch and manipulate images
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Qualified candidates will be Graphic Design majors in their junior or senior year of college
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite (especially InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Basic knowledge of elements and principles of design including layout, composition, and typography
- Critical thinking and creative problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in both a team environment and independently
- Attention to detail
- Prioritization skills
- Motivation and passion
- Be willing to experiment, comfortable trying new things, and not afraid to fail
Other Qualities – preferred, but not required:
- Video editing
- Experience with motion graphics
- Web design, UX/UI design
- Understanding of offset and digital printing
If interested, please submit a resume and provide a link to an online portfolio or a PDF (no more than 5MB please!) that demonstrates the design proficiency and creative skills listed above.
Must be a current college/university student willing to work a minimum of 10 hours per week. Must have an academic background in the area in which you are applying. If you are interested in this opportunity, please fill out the form below.